Masters Pet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masters Pet

A world of immortals. Most people live freely, yet not every one has this chance. For the most powerful have pets that fulfill their every desire!

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Total Lines in posts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Takahiro Ito
Master
Takahiro Ito

Total Lines in posts Empty
PostSubject: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

I have seen alot of people that don't write the 5 full lines I ask for the RP posts. I wont ask any of you to edit the posts you have done so far! I'm just want you guys to be carful! ^^ I know some of you have been writting big enough posts and keep it up!! ^^

An other thing, I noticed that maybe some people don't know what the PM is... They are privit Messages. If you see that it is in blue and not orange like the rest of the line, It means you got a new message! ^^

So I wanted to know:

1- How many of you understand what I mean by 5 full lines?

2- How many of you took the time to read the Rules?

3- Where the rules easy enough to understand and read?

You may also ask anything else that I might not have mentioned! By answering. This will help us Admins do better work on the forum! ^^

Thank you all!
~The admins!

Back to top Go down
https://masters-pet.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Well since know one’s jumping on the fact that our admins are actually asking our opinions I think I might be the first to take advantage of it.

1) I don’t know if people are sure what you mean by 5 full lines. What are 5 full lines to you? Is it 8 words per line? 7, or 12? Maybe a ‘full line’ is a full thought to some people.. You never know. Deferent people are taught different things. Maybe in the rules specify how many words per-line you would like. Being as specific as possible helps your members (especially the new ones) to fully understand what you expected of their RPing. Think of them as little baby sheep they kind of need to be led in the right direction or they ‘run off a cliff’, hope that makes sense…

2) I think we all read the rules, though I don’t know have many people ACTUALLY ‘read’ the rules or just ‘scanned’ them and now don’t remember them all, people are lazy like that. I know I spent a good hour reading the rules making sure I’d remember them.

3) And finally this site’s rules were fine really; the nicest set I’ve ever read ha-ha. Maybe try explaining some things a little more. I also noticed a few spelling mistakes here and there, personally I don’t care but when new members join a site and see spelling and grammar mistakes in an admins post they MAY think that the admins don’t care and don’t put as much thought or effort into their own posts.

4) This is a personal question; I have been on some RP sites that have ‘theme’.. The admins set up a chain or series of events that run together to form one large over all plot for the site.. Kind of like a ‘story line’ I don’t know if you understand what I’m trying to say but in my exercise it helps members get a feel for what the site is truly about and the overall flow of the site is that much smoother. I wanted to know if you were planning on doing something like that...because I think that would be really cool... it might be a new way to meet people.

5) And one last thing... I didn't know there was an event going on! ha-ha , I kind of missed it like a dork but is there a place I can go on the site to see when the next event dates are coming up? I'd love to know a head of time so that I can be ready... Smile

I also know a thing or two about running a RP site ha-ha, you guys are doing great! It’s nice and welcoming site! I hope my comment didn’t come off as bitchy… or offend anyone; I’m not usually a grammar and spelling whore, hell I’m usually the worst speller, but I thought it might help… Old admin habits die hard ha-ha. Anyways I hope others post and tell you guys their opinions but you know new members, they might actually be scared of the admins ha-ha.

Last edited by Zenpouji Isaku on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Didn't want to be the first to post. So now I will. ^-^'

1. Five lines. Not sure how to explain it myself, but I'll give it a go. When counting down the side of your post after it's sent, it should equal five complete lines. Like this answer is less than 2 complete lines.

2. I read the rules and stories completely through at least 3 times to make sure I knew what was expected of me. I didn't want to get in trouble for not knowing anything. ^-^'

3. I understand the rules completely. :3 Reading it three times helps with that though. They're pretty reasonable compared to many Rp sites I've been on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 pm

My turn then...^^

1- Five full lines, huh, difficult if you have a widescreen...XD My lines are pretty long so I'm sure it is enough, nevertheless I do not write with the goal "five lines" but with "mentioning all that's neccessary or more" and I hope this will never be less then 5 lines^^ I do not like writing anything by force to complete these lines because when everythin relevant is said to, I don't know, a fight scene I do not want to insert a out of nowhere - reference to the weather or stuff like that. My question anyway: how it it possible to write LESS then 5 lines? XD There's so much going on...

2- I did! *waves* Took plenty of time but I read them in half an hour first. Then I decided making a character and while writing the presentation sheet I read the rules and information again and again so I could be sure it's allright. By now I should know them...and if not, what prevents me from reading them again?^^ I don't get how someone just do not read them carefully enough, because the time not spent there you will lose twice when you have to correct the stuff you've already written.

3- Let me explain it this way...I'm german and didn't even had to use my translator to understand them XD Except for some single words I did not know before. Maybe it is because I'm familiar with roleplaying rules but I had no issues concerning comprehension - well done! ^^

4- I'm sure I wanted to say something more but I forgot it meanwhile...damn it XD
Back to top Go down
Valdrigr Alsvieth
Master
Valdrigr Alsvieth

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 pm

For you guys who does not understand 5 lines here are the example of ONE LINE:

"I wake up in the middle of the night since i hear some strange noise on the attic of my room. I thought it was a werewolf", but i'm wrong.

the sentence above is ONE LINE so if we ask you to make five, then you must make FIVE like the example above.

I hope this clear enough, if any of you still have trouble, contact one of the administrator.

Thanks for the understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Admin Team
Back to top Go down
http://divinesalvation.infinigame.net/
Takahiro Ito
Master
Takahiro Ito

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Thank you very much to you all! ^^ This is very helpful! Very Happy

I am happy to know that you guys do like the work I have put here! ^^ I know I might have a few spelling mistakes.. >< It has been 10 years that I havn't been writting in english. I will try to add some details. And I'm happy to know that they are not to hard to understand!

As for the events, it's still not to late to join it Zenpouji Isaku! ^^ For the dates, I wanted to see how this one works out first before making a list of demons that would be attacking the forum! And the dates also depends on how long it takes to kill the demon that is ataking! Some may take a long time before the weakness is found. Next time I'll be letting 3 weaks between each attack if we continue this! ^^

Since this is usually a Master and pet relationship bassed forum. I thought this was the best way to give a bit of action to the forum, even if it's a bit off theme. I made this for the users that like to have battles. Though by having Imortals that has gone bad, it still fits.

Back to top Go down
Takahiro Ito
Master
Takahiro Ito

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Since there is still confusion about the minimum lines I ask for here... and apperently... This systeme is not working to well any more because of the new larg screens out there. I will be trying to find a better way to make sure that people can all understand and write post posts or make the discriptions long enough!

I shall keep you users updated when I have found a better system! ^^

~Takahiro-Sama
Back to top Go down
Seiyoku Hoshii
Master
Seiyoku Hoshii

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Seriously, it's not that difficult, if you want to make sure you have enough lines in your presentation, take a look at any of the administrators presentation sheets. If you have equal or more, you know you're good!
Furthermore,We're trying to run a good forum here, so if you really want to make sure your posts are good,fill up the post box. Then your post will surely be long enough there also.
Back to top Go down
Takahiro Ito
Master
Takahiro Ito

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am

Here is an update i have made in the RP rules... I hope this will be helpful! ^^

Quote :
Note:
Here is a helpful tip to know about how many phrases/sentences that are needed for the minimal lines we ask for...

4 lines= paragraph of 12+ complete phrases*
5 lines= paragraph of 15+ complete phrases*
6 lines= paragraph of 18+ complete phrases*
7 lines= paragraph of 21+ complete phrases*

*These conditions may vary depending of the length of your sentences. The shorter they are the more you need to write. If we ask you to write more to your posts or descriptions or story in your presentation sheets... Please do as told!! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total Lines in posts   Total Lines in posts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Total Lines in posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Masters Pet :: First Thing :: Announcements and Absences :: Announcments-
Jump to: